Whitewater Membership Practice Clinics Info Packet
You're going to need to practice a lot in order to be ready for your next class! This packet contains information for Level 1 Practice Clinics. REMEMBER: Practice Clinics are held at the Old Angler's Parking area at 10801 Macarthur Blvd., Potomac, Maryland 20854.
For expert service when purchasing paddling clothing or equipment, please visit our retail store at 9812 Falls Rd Potomac, Maryland 20854. Thanks in advance for your patience and receptivity as a student! We look forward to paddling with you!
This packet contains the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- Please allow extra time for traffic so you can arrive and be prepared fifteen minutes prior to start time. (Late arrivals will not be admitted to skill clinics under any circumstance.)
- Please get changed and collect your equipment from the trailer immediately so we can get started. Make sure your kayak is adjusted properly and that you have everything you need.
- You have up until 1 hours before start time to reschedule (please do so online). No-shows keep others from practicing.
- Personal floatation, paddle, spray skirt, helmet, and kayak are provided at no charge.
- Package students may attend free Practice Clinics indefinitely.
- All Practice Clinics meet rain or shine. A decision to postpone due to lightning or other dangerous conditions is made on-site. (Due to the nature of the weather, we wait until the last minute to see if it clears up.)
- Don't forget to allow time to go out for our social hour after Practice Clinics.
- For your safety and enjoyment, we request that you keep your personal information up to date via your schedule page. Please log in and update your info at www.potomacpaddlesports.com
List of Things to Bring
The following list of things to bring are mandatory for your comfort, safety, and enjoyment of your on-water (and in-water) experience with us. Upon completing the 101 lesson, past students have provided feedback that we "should have been more emphatic" about the need to bring these specific items, even though we were. The Potomac can be very warm in July and August, but you'll need all this stuff, and eventually a semi dry top, as you get psyched and continue to paddle for at least three seasons.
Directions to Lesson LocationLevel 1 Practice Clinics are held at the Old Angler’s Inn parking area. For alternate routes, google 10801 Macarthur Blvd., Potomac, Maryland 20854.
From the Capital Beltway (I-495) take exit 41 toward Carderock/Great Falls, MD and merge onto the Clara Barton Parkway
Take the Parkway 1.7 miles until it ends at Macarthur Blvd., and then turn left onto Macarthur Blvd.
The parking area will be on your left across the street from the Old Angler’s Inn. Look for the Potomac Paddlesports Trailer. (Note: There are three separate lots at different levels. Meet for check in at the bathrooms 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time.)
PLEASE have all your clothing and supplies ready to go fifteen minutes prior to start time so that we can start promptly.
Note: Vehicles have been broken into at this parking lot. Please leave all valuables at home and bring a small drybox for your credit cards and cash. You can store your car key in a hidden key box on the underside of your fender.